Strict Standards: Non-static method XoopsLogger::getInstance() should not be called statically in /homepages/45/d179174902/htdocs/centralu/class/logger/xoopslogger.php on line 358

Strict Standards: Non-static method XoopsLogger::getInstance() should not be called statically in /homepages/45/d179174902/htdocs/centralu/class/logger/xoopslogger.php on line 358
CUNT Student Body Information & Community - Be a Teacher's Aid Today [Community Forums - Employment: Work-Study Positions]

Section Menu

Recent Posts

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Be a Teacher's Aid Today
Member of the Faculty
From Albert Hall, Dean's Offices
Several Teacher's Assistants Needed

Starting next semester, several of the professors and instructors on campus will find themselves either without their current student assistants or with it in their budgets to have new student assistants. As such, the time has never been better for those who want work-study pay for educational training. Even if you don't plan to become a teacher yourself, the training could help you in many of your future endeavors, from office managers to field workers.

Don't miss out on your chance of becoming a Central U teacher's assistant and apply today. Even if you don't have any work-study time left or never had it to begin with, you may still qualify if the number of viable work-study ready applicants remains low. If you are at all interested, it never hurts to try.

Most of the work will be preparing lessons, grading papers, and handling paperwork, but many teacher's assistants get practical teaching time during side work or when lectures would benefit from multiple speakers and helpers. Not only do you get the practical, hands-on training, it looks great on your application to Grad School or on a job application after graduation.

If you are interested in becoming one of the special few who become Teacher's Assistants, fill out the application in my office (Room 212 of Alpert Hall) and hand it in to my secretary. If you are selected as a potential, you will be called in for an interview with myself and several of the instructors you may end up working with.

You have nothing to lose, so apply today.

Posted on: 2010/11/29 9:00
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Be a Teacher's Aid Today
Freshman Chatter
From Virginia

DeanWallingsford,

Sir; While I do not have aspirations to be a teacher I imagine it would benefit being around a professors in a department to see more aptly what they expect work wise, their thoughts, etc to get a leg up. It would also allow an indie view should I need to ask for tutors in another subject - the professors would know exactly who to ask and they'd know me.

Posted on: 2015/11/26 14:09
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Be a Teacher's Aid Today
Member of the Faculty
From Albert Hall, Dean's Offices
First off, although I understand that it is a sign of respect, I am a woman and do not enjoy being called "sir". You can simply call me Dean of you choose, or if you feel you must use an honorific, I prefer Ma'am.

As for the work, we have several professors looking for new help right now, so I would be more than happy to set up a meeting for us all. You can contact my secretary, fill out the paperwork, and she'll take a ID photo to put with it. Then you will be contacted with a meeting time and we can have a nice sit down with some of those looking for help. If all goes well and you have the work-study time available, you could be starting as a Teacher's Assistant as soon as week from now.

Posted on: 2015/11/27 13:39

[Advanced Search]

The CUNT site is © 2008-2014 by Dragavan - For The Real Story Behind this place: Click Here