Strict Standards: Non-static method XoopsLogger::getInstance() should not be called statically in /homepages/45/d179174902/htdocs/centralu/class/logger/xoopslogger.php on line 358

Strict Standards: Non-static method XoopsLogger::getInstance() should not be called statically in /homepages/45/d179174902/htdocs/centralu/class/logger/xoopslogger.php on line 358

CUNT Student Body Information & Community - Prom Question [Community Forums - General Chat]

Section Menu

Recent Posts

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Prom Question
Sophomore Chatter
From Desclos, Florida
I know I haven't finished telling the story of my campus visit, and I will soon (with Alison's help) but in the meantime I'm having a dilemma.

I wasn't going to go to my Senior Prom, which is his weekend. All the guys who asked me obviously just wanted to be the guy with the naked prom date -and probably to try to fuck me afterward- so I turned them all down and was planning to stay home. But just this morning my friend Veronica told me she broke up with her boyfriend last night, and now has nobody to go with. She's asked me to take his ticket and go with her-as friends of course- figuring it will be less depressing for her than staying home. After all, she already has a dress, and of course I'll have to do without one anyway.

So should I go? Did you college folks go to your proms? Would it have been fun without a date? Would it have been fun without clothes? I want to support my friend, but I worry about all those guys I turned down coming out of the wood work once I'm there.

Posted on: 2013/5/7 7:40
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Prom Question
Senior Chatter
From Harlowe Dorms Room Q-215
I didn't go to my prom. I didn't have a date and I was too embarrassed to go by myself. I can't really tell you if it's fun or not, but I can say that you'll never know if you don't go. It really is true that as you get older you regret the things you didn't do much more than the things you did. Listen to me, I sound like a middle aged woman, don't I? lol!

It is true though. In retrospect I feel like I should have grabbed some friends and gone just for the heck of it. I don't know what to say about dealing with the temperaments of spurned men, but from what I understand most proms are highly supervised so if you stick close to your friend you should be alright.

Of course, this is all based on my personal feelings about not going to MY prom, which I'm pretty sure I would have been attending fully clothed. If somebody told me I'd have to go naked I'd have stayed home with the door locked shut and the shades rolled down! But, that's me. Your a much braver person than I am, so thats a consideration you have to make for yourself.

(Oh, and P.S. I'm still working on the next part of my part of your story! I wish I had more time but class has kept me really busy! I should have it done by the weekend if all goes well!)

Posted on: 2013/5/7 11:04

Junior Chatter
Don't listen to Alison. Prom's are lame. You drink watered down fruit punch, dance with your date if you have one and play high school politics. The only saving grace is hanging out with friends and getting dressed up like society goons, which honestly, you can do on your own. That's my suggestion. You and your friends should just get together and do your own thing. Trust me, everything is much more fun without parental supervision!

Posted on: 2013/5/7 11:11

Junior Chatter
You should totally go. My prom was a blast and I did go with my friend instead of some boy. We both had bad experiences with our boyfriends in the months leading up to it and had broken up with them, so we decided to go together... you know, mostly to prove we didn't need them. And we didn't. It was so much fun. We laughed, danced, joked around, and had more fun than I expected.

I can't say what it would be like naked, since I was in a really pretty dress, but I can't see how it would be less fun. I have a blast when I go out clubbing and end up naked (especially down at Rock Bottoms), so I can imagine it would have been the same at prom.

You should totally go and enjoy yourself.

Posted on: 2013/5/7 20:15

Freshman Chatter
From Delta Gamma Rho House
You can't miss your senior prom. It's such an important and magical part of high school. No matter what, you have to go and have a great time. I remember mine fondly. I will be very sad if you miss yours.

Posted on: 2013/5/8 16:58

Freshman Chatter
From Shared House on 14th
I agree with Liz. Proms are totally lame. Only the prissy losers care about all that shit. I wouldn't bother going at all and go do something more interesting with your evening. At least you'll know none of those bozos will bother you while you are out doing something cool, since they'll all be at the loser's ball.

Posted on: 2013/5/8 18:58

Sophomore Chatter
From Desclos, Florida
So that's two votes to definitely go, two votes to definitely not go, and one kind of maybe from Alison. In any case, I did decide to go. While there's definitely a part of me that totally agrees with Liz and Becky, the thing is Veronica really wants me to go with her, and she's one of my best friends and really needs the emotional support right now. So I'm mostly going out of loyalty, but hopefully it will be fun.

Posted on: 2013/5/8 23:09

Junior Chatter
From On The Field
Glad you're going. You should totally go to your prom. You'll have a blast and are going to be the hit of the show. Wouldn't be surprised if they make you prom queen... although, would you be allowed to wear the sash and crown? Do those count as clothes?

Posted on: 2013/5/9 20:06

[Advanced Search]

The CUNT site is © 2008-2014 by Dragavan - For The Real Story Behind this place: Click Here