Strict Standards: Non-static method XoopsLogger::getInstance() should not be called statically in /homepages/45/d179174902/htdocs/centralu/class/logger/xoopslogger.php on line 358

Strict Standards: Non-static method XoopsLogger::getInstance() should not be called statically in /homepages/45/d179174902/htdocs/centralu/class/logger/xoopslogger.php on line 358
CUNT Student Body Information & Community - Miss New Town Pageant [Community Forums - Announcements: Local Events]

Section Menu

Recent Posts

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Miss New Town Pageant
Member of the Faculty
From Albert Osborn College of the Arts
Annual Miss New Town Pageant

Every year, New Town holds a beauty pageant to crown it's new representative for the coming year, and it's nearly time to choose our new Miss New Town.

Do you think you have what it takes to be her?

Have you lived in New Town for at least a year?

Are you a woman between the ages of 18 and 45?

Do you want to represent our amazing little city?

Apply at the Central University Community Office to be a contestant and see if you have what it takes.

Central University students who have lived on or near campus for at least one year (even if they went home for the summer) and plan on living in town for at least the next year are eligible to enter.

The preliminaries are private and will be used to weed the contestants down to a reasonable set of finalists. The main pageant will then be held to have these finalists perform for a public audience and a panel of local officials and celebrity judges.

If you are interested in watching the pageant live, it's being held in the Dave Brooks Theater on the west side of campus and is open to the general public. Tickets are limited and there is no special pricing for students. This is a public community event, even though the college is hosting it.

Local cable access Channel 86 will broadcast the event live for those who can't attend.

It's always a great show and you should get out to see it if you get the chance... That is, if you aren't planning on trying to be the next Miss New Town.

Posted on: 2014/8/13 20:24

Re: Miss New Town Pageant
Junior Chatter
From Oak Hall
I always think about entering and never do. No idea what I would do as my talent, but it should be fun no matter what.

I wonder if I should actually do it this year.

Can you see me as Miss New Town for the year? Would I have to leave the cheer squad? I wouldn't do it if it meant that could happen. CHeer comes first. Always.

But should I? I'm really thinking about it.

Posted on: 2014/8/19 20:49

Freshman Chatter
Come on Jessie. You talk about this every time it comes around (and several times throughout the year), so you should just go ahead and do it. Don't keep putting it off babe. Just go for it.

What's the worst that could happen? You don't win. Big deal. You got to be a part of something great and show everyone how amazing you are. And that's only if you don't win. You know you have a good chance of winning.

And how can you not know your talent? Your a cheerleader, aren't you? We dance, we do athletic feats (like acrobats), and we perform (putting on shows). That sounds like a ton of talents. Your problem should be choosing which one you are going to do, not wondering if you have one.

Posted on: 2014/8/21 20:14

Junior Chatter
From On The Field
Come on Jesse, you know exactly what your most talented at. I'd even be willing to help you out with a little show if you really wanted to. But I'm not sure of the judges would appreciate just watching you perform it. They might want to have you perform it on them. Or would that be considered cheating?

But seriously, Jesse, you know you really want to do this and always have, so you better enter this year. And you know you're going to rock out and win the sucker.

Posted on: 2014/8/21 23:01

Sophomore Chatter
Totally, Jessie. You would kick ass in the pageant.

Hell, all the cheer squad should enter one year and show these locals a thing or two. Force a little greatness into the event. But you doing it this year would be a great start. Give us an idea of how it all works for next time.

Posted on: 2014/8/22 20:07

[Advanced Search]

The CUNT site is © 2008-2014 by Dragavan - For The Real Story Behind this place: Click Here