Strict Standards: Non-static method XoopsLogger::getInstance() should not be called statically in /homepages/45/d179174902/htdocs/centralu/class/logger/xoopslogger.php on line 358

Strict Standards: Non-static method XoopsLogger::getInstance() should not be called statically in /homepages/45/d179174902/htdocs/centralu/class/logger/xoopslogger.php on line 358
CUNT Student Body Information & Community - I am not married [Community Forums - General Chat]

Section Menu

Recent Posts

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

« 1 (2)

Re: I am not married
Member of the Faculty
Still, I am sorry about that. Not exactly the way I wanted you to see me when you showed up. I was a little lost in the moment when you walked in, so it was a surprise to see you standing there when my mind returned to me and my vision cleared. That boy is good at what he does. Mrs. Liman was right. I'll have to have him back for some more sessions in the future. And you looked pretty good too when he was working you over, so I think we both have memorable faces there. Although I will admit I wasn't looking at your face the whole time.

And I did tell you not to worry about the bed. I've had three people on it before. More in a couple occasions. If it was going to break from what we did, it would have happened before. It may not be the most comfortable thing in the world, but it is sturdy. And around here, I think that's more important.

And I didn't know you were friends with Mandy. Her and her husband, Dean Compton, are regulars at my student's shows and we've become kind of friends. The three of us should all get together sometime, I'm sure we'd have a blast.

Posted on: 2016/8/6 12:59

Junior Chatter
From Oak Hall
You wanted us more involved and attentive to doing things right, so of course we are all going to be asking for your input more often. We don't want to mess anything up and have you put clothes back on.

Also, did you notice something when this happened?

Quote:

Prof.Dillenberg wrote:
For example, those School of Journalism brochures we ordered for prospective students like Carrie had been sitting in a cardboard box beside my couch for well over a year, yet only during this last week were people been coming to my office from all across campus and asking for one.
It finally got to be such a nuisance I took the whole box up the front desk

As soon as you moved them out of your office and to the front desk, people stopped picking them up. If you want to keep the interest up, you need to keep handing them out yourself from your office. People don't want to deal with your office staff, they want to see you.

At least as long as nobody messes up and you get to put your clothes back on.

Embrace it. Enjoy it. I know I do when I'm doing something like this for the cheer squad or with my sorority sisters. It's a lot of fun and you should enjoy the attention. You deserve it.

Posted on: 2016/8/6 14:07

Freshman Chatter
From Sentinel Building, Office #57
It's a shame Mandy wasn't able to come out with us to the Aphrodite Club last night, Christine, but I suppose it was a spur of the moment thing. I don't know what possessed me to even suggest it in the first place. I'm not usually this impulsive, I swear... but I've not had this much fun in years!

Hmm. You know, speaking of memorable faces you really should upload a proper avatar. A snapshot of you would be much nicer than the school emblem, don't you think? You could always drop by my office and allow one of my students to take your picture, or if you'd rather I could come by yours with one of our cameras and we could have a private photo session.

Alternatively, if any of your students are keeping up with this discussion, they could send photos taken of you in the classroom during those set-aside times you mentioned previously. In fact if one of your students turns out to be especially good with the camera I might even recommend taking a photojournalism course or even taking a minor.

After all, I used to work in music journalism myself; I'd have mentioned this last night when the DJ played that 12" of Jill Off Duty -- I covered their "Honeypot" tour -- but it was so loud we could barely hear each other.

Anyway, if one of your students drops by in person I'd be happy to discuss our program and hand out a brochure, since I'm taking Jessie's advice and moving the box back into my office first thing tomorrow morning.

Jessie's right -- treating prospective students so impersonally seemed to put them off, and as an adviser I should take a more ambassadorial approach. Still, I have got to straighten up my office and find a better place to keep the damn things! Oh, and Jessie, since this was your idea, why don't you come by tomorrow and help me rearrange?

Posted on: 2016/8/7 7:27

"If you have nothing to hide you have nothing to fear."
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Member of the Faculty
Mandy doesn't go out much off campus without her husband, so it didn't surprise me. She mostly sticks around campus when she hangs out with us girls. But he isn't much for dancing, so she might go with us sometime just to get to do that. But I've seen them down at The Mile High Club and we hung out and had some fun there. I was working there at the time (part time to make some extra money, since teaching doesn't pay all that much) so I was on the clock, but it was still fun. Can't say too much more about that though. You know, private club and secrecy rules and all. But he's a member, so he might be able to get you in as a guest if ever want to come down and see the place sometime.

And I will certainly be sending any of my students interested in that down to see you. Even if they aren't sure, I will send them down just to check it out and see if they might be. I'm sure some of them will be enchanted by you and find that they are very interested in signing up for things over there. I certainly would be if I was still a student here.

And I never thought about using an avatar on here. I just kept it as the default they gave me when they gave me the account. I guess I could find something somewhere that might work for one. I don't really like the way I look in most pictures though... like that one they used for the article about the music program. That was from the ones they shot when I first started here to have some images of me on file to use for things. I don't like how any of them turned out. I mean, just look a them.

Open in new window
I mean, I look like I'm a stoned preacher in this one.

Open in new window
I look kind of depressed in this one.

Open in new window
And I didn't even know they shot this one. It was completely candid and not something I would have had them shoot of me at the time. But now it's out there and part of the official log usable photos of me for things. At least your students didn't use this one for the article.

I might see if any of my students have any better ones I can use. I know they shot some of me during that Christmas week that turned out okay. If I can find copies of them I'll email them to you. Shouldn't be too hard to find them. They have to be on my computer somewhere. I just don't remember where I put them. I am so disorganized on this thing. I mostly just find files by doing searches for them by known contents, not filenames or the locations of the files. But that doesn't work for photos, just text.

But if I am going to have to put up a picture of myself as an avatar, you should have to too. In fact, since it's your idea, you should do it first.

Posted on: 2016/8/7 21:27

Junior Chatter
From On The Field
Now, I never took the music class or spent any time in the journalism department, but I am liking this new trend in teaching methods around here. I hope it spreads.

I know there are a couple female coaches that teach some classes over in the gyms I would like to see use this method. And not just the times they currently do during swimming or the usual bottomless gym time. Also, one of my english teachers would be pretty fun to see use this method too.

I really hope this is the start of a trend.

Posted on: 2016/8/13 17:22

Member of the Faculty
Matt, I was attempting to start any kind of trend. I was just trying to get my class to pay attention as the holidays were approaching. The fact that it worked was as much a surprise to me as it was to others. If they learned something from it and find their own ways to use similar techniques, then great... But that was not my intent.

And Prudence, your picture looks great. I love it. I wish I could find a good one to use too, but I don't have any good ones. Just those horrible ones the staff took when I started.

And I am having no luck finding those ones my students took on my computer. There were some nice ones in there, although most of them have me in a santa hat. I know I have them, but I have no idea where they went. I'll keep looking though. I know they have to be here somewhere.

Posted on: 2016/8/16 21:29

Freshman Chatter
From Carbine Hall, office #21
Quote:

MsLeigh wrote:
And I am having no luck finding those ones my students took on my computer. There were some nice ones in there, although most of them have me in a santa hat. I know I have them, but I have no idea where they went. I'll keep looking though. I know they have to be here somewhere.

Are the files simply misplaced, or have you lost data?

If the latter, I know a student who might be able to help you. Even though he downplays his skills, he's really a sharp kid.

He helped me data-recover an entire year's worth of work off my old hard drive when it went belly-up last spring. The computer shop in town had quoted something utterly ridiculous for the data-recovery, but Wayne was able to recover everything and he didn't even ask for payment.

I'll have him get in touch with you!

Posted on: 2016/8/17 16:44

"I can show you everything the WORLD has to offer!"

Freshman Chatter
From Sentinel Building, Office #57
Quote:
MsLeigh wrote:
But I've seen them down at The Mile High Club and we hung out and had some fun there. I was working there at the time (part time to make some extra money, since teaching doesn't pay all that much) so I was on the clock, but it was still fun. Can't say too much more about that though. You know, private club and secrecy rules and all. But he's a member, so he might be able to get you in as a guest if ever want to come down and see the place sometime.

You know, every time we get together in person I forget to ask you about this! I've considered visiting The Mile High Club on a Friday or Saturday for the Coach treatment, but if I can go as Dean Compton's guest so much the better.

To be honest though I'm much more interested in what you did there. I understand the club makes its employees sign a nondisclosure agreement, but just what sort of job was it, Christine? Were you a hostess?

Quote:
MsLeigh wrote:
And Prudence, your picture looks great. I love it. I wish I could find a good one to use too, but I don't have any good ones. Just those horrible ones the staff took when I started.

Thank you, Christine! Ben made it for me himself; I mustn't take any credit. As for the photos you shared, well, admittedly they weren't the most flattering I've seen but that has nothing at all to do with you!

It might also amuse you to know that "Stoned Preacher" is also the name of a tune by the Diplomats of Solid Sound: a funk and soul band from Iowa City with a vintage sound. (You know that classic bachelor pad music are guilty pleasures of mine.)

Quote:
MsLeigh wrote:

Oh, a photo of you in a Santa hat would be almost delightful as seeing you enjoy a sweet burst of hot, sticky sufganiyot by my Hanukkah bush, but that's still months away. In the meantime, maybe this Wayne can help?

If he comes through for us I'll owe you a favor, Professor Rosa.

Posted on: 2016/8/17 18:11

"If you have nothing to hide you have nothing to fear."

Member of the Faculty
Thank you for the suggestion Janelle, but I don't think anything got deleted, so it's not really a recovery thing. I am just not well organized and all my files are a mess. I mostly just find things by searching for key words or content words, but these pictures apparently don't have any key words I can search for set for them, so I just can't find them. I don't see how your student could help without just going through my whole computer and looking at every file/image on there... and I don't want anyone doing that.

And Prudence, I can't talk about my work at The Mile High Club at all. I am still technically an employee there, even though I only work on occasional weekends to help supplement my income. More so during these summer months, but even during the school year. But I can tell you that I am working there next weekend, so if you want to see what I do there, you could talk to Dean Compton about going next weekend as a guest.

And I think Ben did a great job with your pic. Congratulate him for me. I just wish I could find these pics on my computer so I could make one for myself. Once I find them, however, I will show you what I look like in a Santa hat. That's what most of them are.

Posted on: 2016/8/21 13:31

« 1 (2)

[Advanced Search]

The CUNT site is © 2008-2014 by Dragavan - For The Real Story Behind this place: Click Here